Resolution of customer issues
At Severstal, a well-built process for solving customer problems using the 8D methodology was launched:
- All feedback from customers is entered into the “Problem Registry” with the subsequent prioritization of problems.
- Resources for problem solving have been identified.
- KPIs for participants of the problem solving process have been identified.
- Knowledge database has been made with reports on solved issues.
- Process of quick informing customers on the problems solved has been organized.
- Preparation of customer-specific bulletins for addressing specific problems and direct mailing has been organized.
At Severstal, it is a customary practice to award employees for timely solving customer problems.